What is a Relaxation Massage?
Relaxation Massage is a relaxing and soothing massage to help release tension and stress and improve your circulation and overall general wellbeing.
This classic massage incorporates long gliding strokes and circular pressure from hands and palms. Your therapists may also incorporate joint movement to relieve muscle tension. The main focus of a Relaxation Massage is to induce total body relaxation, and it is perfect for de-stressing and nurturing the body and mind. Relaxation is a full-body massage, and your therapist will tailor the pressure to suit your request.
What is involved in a Relaxation Massage Treatment?
Our team of highly experienced and qualified massage therapists will first ask you to sign a consent form for this massage. They will ask questions to ensure there aren’t any underlying issues they must be aware of before commencing the massage. Your therapist will then instruct you on how to prepare for the massage and ensure you are comfortable before starting the massage.
What are the benefits of a Relaxation Massage?
The calming effects of Relaxation massage are particularly effective in treating conditions related to anxiety and depression. Many people who suffer from anxiety and depression have trouble relaxing. Since the ultimate goal of Relaxation Massage is total body relaxation, it helps treat these conditions along with promoting general wellbeing.
The release of tension and the increase in blood flow that massage creates can help in the following ways:
- Reduction in stress, anxiety and tension
- Calming of the nervous system
- Relief of muscle cramps and spasms
- Promotes a sense of wellbeing and relaxation
- Blood pressure reduction
- Prevention of injuries and stress-related issues
- Improved flexibility and mobility
- Increased Immune system
- Increased endorphins
- Stimulation of the Lymphatic and circulatory systems, therefore carrying away the body’s waste products
- Pain Management (e.g. Sciatica and Arthritis)
- Mental Clarity. All situations are looked upon from a different perspective when we are relaxed.
Who Benefits from a Relaxation Massage?
Everyone can benefit from a relaxation massage. Young or old, pro athletes or weekend warriors, everyone can enjoy the physical and mental health benefits of a Relaxation Massage.