Skin needling, or collagen induction therapy, is a process where we use a needling system to create micro channels into the epidermis and dermis, causing a controlled inflammatory response to the skin, boosting your skin’s natural collagen and elastin production – resulting in a smoother, more rejuvenated appearance.
This treatment is fantastic for helping improve uneven skin texture, lessen pigmentation, and minimise acne scarring.
What does Skin Needling include?
This treatment will involve a double cleanse and a customised LED treatment to stimulate fibroblast activity, leading to increased collagen and elastin production.
After your LED, we will proceed with your microneedling treatment. This process takes anywhere between 10-15 minutes. During the treatment, you may feel a slight prickly/scratchy sensation, followed by some warmth on the skin, which is normal and usually subsides within an hour post-treatment. Following your needling treatment, we apply a recovery mask to infuse hyaluronic acid (vitamin b5) and copper peptides into your skin to soothe and aid recovery. To finish the treatment, we apply a recovery moisturiser and SPF.
- Don’t apply water or products to the skin for six hours after treatment.
- Minimal makeup for the first 24 hours; if you need to apply makeup, use 100% mineral foundation
- No high-intensity exercise, excessively hot showers, or saunas for 24-48 hours following your treatment.
- Avoid using any actives or exfoliants on the skin for 5-7 days (anything with Vit A/Retinol, Niacinamide/B3, glycolic, lactic or salicylic acids) after your needling appointment.
- Inflammation, redness, and skin sensitivity may be present 12 – 24 hours post-treatment; this is normal for the treatment. If these symptoms continue past 24 hours, please don’t hesitate to call the clinic.
- You may experience dryness or flakiness on the skin around days 3 – 5 following your needling appointment. This is just old redundant skin cells sloughing off the skin. Avoid picking or scratching these areas during this time, as you can impact the healing process and hinder your results.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure for two weeks after treatment, and always apply SPF.
- Wait at least two weeks for any injectables (Botox/fillers) or Cosmetic Tattooing, pre and post-treatment.
This treatment is recommended every 4-6 weeks with at-home skin care.
For those clients wanting optimal results, we recommend alternating needling with a Level 1 or Level 2 Peel Treatment for four weeks in combination with at-home skincare.